Chrome beneficiation solutions from Multotec ensure you achieve your processing goals at the lowest cost per ton!
Multotec’s team of metallurgists and process engineers will partner with you to formulate the optimum chrome beneficiation process for your plant.
- Mineral processing optimisation
- Overall process cost reduction
- Processing plant utilisation
- Service and support contracts
Achieve your chrome beneficiation goals with Multotec! Contact us on +27 (0) 11 923 6000 or complete the enquiry form to speak to our experts.
Multotec’s equipment for chrome beneficiation:
- Magnetic separation solutions
- Sampling solutions
- Screening solutions
- Slurry pumps
- Cyclone solutions
- Gravity separation solutions
A typical chrome beneficiation flow sheet: a brief overview
- Chrome beneficiation begins with a series of sizing screens. Hammer samplers are used to sample each stream, while Over Belt Magnets are used to remove ferrous junk.
- The last sizing screen provides three aggregated ore streams. The dewatered chrome waste is sampled and can be sent to client/DMS or rod milling. The other two underflow chrome-containing streams are each diverted to a sump.
- The first sump line generates both foundry sand as well as chemical-grade chrome, after being upgraded by a set of spirals. Desliming Cyclones are used to classify the contents of the sump’s wastewater streams as well as its waste stream. This waste stream is further processed through Spiral Concentrators, then sampled with a Vezin Sampler, before rejoining the wastewater streams. The chrome-rich wastewater stream is fed through a stacker cyclone, producing chemical grade chrome. The other waste stream goes through further classification, producing foundry or chemical-grade sand.
- The second sump line is a process using the same equipment, but with slightly different cut points which produces chemical-grade chrome.
Click here to view our chrome processing flow sheets
Complete the enquiry form and we’ll contact you with the info you need.
Your partner in chrome beneficiation
Multotec is a leading manufacturer of chrome beneficiation solutions. We’ll partner with you for the lifecycle of your plant, and provide ongoing process and equipment refinement to ensure you have the best chrome beneficiation process in place. Our clients enjoy excellent aftersales service, short response times, and holistic maintenance contracts on equipment.
Designed and refined in response to real field chrome beneficiation challenges over our 40-year history, our chrome beneficiation equipment help achieves your goals at the lowest cost per ton.
We’ve supplied mineral processing equipment to some of the world’s leading mining houses:
Rio Tinto | Harmony Gold | BHP Billiton | Glencore | Randgold Resources | Barrick Gold | Gold Fields | Crown Gold Recoveries | Aflease Gold Limited | AngloGold Ashanti
Let Multotec design a chrome beneficiation process to your requirements! Click here to speak to a representative.
In the News
World Conference Sampling and Blending 2019
The 9th World Conference of Sampling and Blending (WCSB9) was held from 6 – 9 May 2019 in Beijing, with a record attendance of 450 delegates!