Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Multotec offers Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), which uses numerical methods to detect and explain cyclone problems, including fluid flow. This helps you to understand cyclone behaviour and optimise its performance.
Benefits of using CFD:
- Solves the Navier-Stokes equations iteratively on discrete elements using the boundary conditions
- Simulates particle, liquid and air core interaction
- Analyses and visualises flow patterns
Positron Emission Particle Tracking (PEPT) imaging technique is used to validate the CFD:
- PEPT is used in nuclear (diagnostic) medicine
- Detect coinciding events via a gamma spectroscopy system
- Reconstruct corresponding trajectories
- Build images and calculate volumes and sizes
- Determine real-time, exact particle location
More than a mineral processing equipment supplier:
At Multotec, we provide more than processing equipment, but constantly strive to assist you in achieving overall business excellence. This is why when you partner with Multotec, you don’t just get a diversified product offering, but form a relationship based on product refinement, a true understanding of process flow sheets and field service and maintenance – ensuring that together we will create a solution that is suited specifically to your individual needs and that will optimise your process and lower your overall operating costs.