Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Industrial wastewater treatment solutions and processes from Multotec can achieve water recoveries of up to 95% in industrial and mining industries
Using Continuous Ionic Filtration CIF®, Multotec’s industrial wastewater treatment solutions remove suspended solids, valuable metals and by-products. They also desalinate water that is usually difficult to treat.
CIF®was introduced to the African market by Multotec through its partnership with Australian-based Clean TeQ.
Achieve up to 95% water recovery in mining and industrial processes with industrial wastewater treatment solutions from Multotec!
Features of our industrial wastewater treatment:
- Achieve zero liquid discharge (ZLD)
- Remove suspended solids
- Treat acid mine drainage (AMD)
- Remove valuable metals or by-products
- High water recovery
Find out more about our Industrial wastewater treatment solutions and Click here to contact us today!
Multotec industrial wastewater treatment advantages:
- Reduced maintenance requirements
- Smaller plant footprint
- Low operating costs
- CIF® can be used in a variety of applications
- CIF® industrial wastewater treatment is available as modular, full-scale or mobile
For acid mine drainage (AMD) a single CIF® system can extract acid from the water, producing neutral water for discharge.
Industrial wastewater treatment – the CIF® process
The CIF® process for industrial wastewater treatment comprises 4 main stages: adsorption; resin washing; desorption; and final washing.
- Adsorption occurs when the feed water enters the bottom of the adsorption column and leaves from the top. It can be used for beneficial re-use or complementary processing.
- Resin washing occurs when ion-loaded resin is washed from contaminant solids in a fluidised wash process.
- Desorption occurs when ion-loaded resin is brought into the application-specific regeneration solutions.
- Final washing takes place so that regeneration solutions can be washed from the regenerated resin for recovery and reused in the ionic filtration column.
CIF® is designed to be used for AMD, cooling tower blowdown, ground and surface water, industrial wastewater, coal seam gas, mine process and effluent water. It is used specifically for selective ion removal; desalination; dealkalisation; and membrane pre-treatment. It can be used in single or multiple stages to target numerous elements and species. This is achieved by using different resins, which are selective towards different species in each stage.
Multotec’s industrial wastewater treatment using CIF® is up to 50% more cost-effective than conventional industrial wastewater treatment technologies.
Multotec’s CIF® integrated processes
A single CIF® module consists of an integrated series of processes, each designed for a specific function:
- Ionic filtration – a solids filtration and ion removal (the adsorption step)
- Fluidised wash – a washing step to clear away entrained solids and ‘dirty’ water
- Desorption/elution/regeneration – adsorbed ions are desorbed using regenerant solution (acid, base or saline solution)
- Rinse – the final step to wash off entrained regenerant and any precipitate that may have formed during the regeneration step
CIF® is available as a modular, full-scale or mobile CIF® water treatment solution and consists of single stage CIF® for targeted element removal and de-alkalisation applications; dual stage CIF® (DeSALx®) for high recovery reverse osmosis to desalinate water under high fouling and scaling conditions; and HiROx®, to remove both cations and anions from feed waters.
Our technical experts are here to help. Complete the enquiry form for more information.
Reasons for industrial wastewater treatment
Industrial wastewater treatment has processes that are designed to achieve improvements in the quality of the wastewater. Our industrial wastewater treatment processes are designed to neutralise or remove industrial wastes and toxic chemicals, so our customers can either reuse the treated water or discharge it into the environment safely – and within regulated requirements.
Municipalities make use of a similar process when treating wastewater. While this may not seem pertinent to industrial wastewater treatment, the effectiveness of treatment is remarkable, and benefits industry too. Essentially, these treatment processes are designed to reduce suspended solids, biodegradable organics, pathogenic bacteria and nutrients.
- Suspended solids are physical particles that can clog rivers or channels as they settle under gravity.
- Biodegradable organics like BOD, for example, can serve as food for micro-organisms in the receiving body.
- Pathogenic bacteria and other disease-causing organisms are relevant when people are in close contact with this water type.
- Nutrients, including nitrates and phosphates, can lead to high concentrations of unwanted algae, which can in turn become heavy loads of biodegradable organic load.
“Achieve your mineral processing goals with Multotec. Contact us today by filling out the form above.”