Iron Ore Beneficiation
Iron Ore beneficiation solutions from Multotec are designed so that each stage of the mineral beneficiation process, from ROM stockpiles to processed minerals and tailings, reduce overheads and lower your overall cost per ton.
Multotec’s beneficiation equipment provides peace of mind with supply, installation and asset management and flow sheet solutions all managed by experts in their fields. Our emphasis is on plant availability and service support.
Iron Ore beneficiation equipment from Multotec:
Contact us on +27 (0) 11 923 6000 or complete the enquiry form to achieve your iron ore beneficiation goals with Multotec!
Overview of a typical iron ore process flow sheet:
Primary stages of iron ore beneficiation, essentially, result in three iron ore product types, namely Coarse, Medium and Fine.
1. From the ROM stockpile ore is crushed and screened using gyratory crushers, grizzly screens and cone crushers before being sized through a sizing screen.
2. The ore is again screened, with finer particles falls into the screen’s ceramic lined underpans and coarse particles are conveyed via an over belt magnetic separator to a Dense Medium Separation Drum. It is then laundered with a ceramic lined launder before again being screened by coarse waste and coarse iron drain and rinse screens. Refined coarse product can be sampled with a hammer sampler.
1. Screened ore from the underpans is sent through a desliming screen where it is classified into what will either become medium or fine product.
2. The ore from the desliming screen is sent to a DMS cyclone where separation sends some of the ore through sievebend housings and the more valuable stream to static screens. Waste and coarse material from both these screens go to the magnetic separator, while the balance, medium product, is diverted for use.
3. A portion of the ore from the desliming screen is sent directly to a sink drain & rinse screen and a jig screen, which separates particles into different quantities based on density. After screening, the waste stream is sent to a floatation screen resulting in waste product, and the mineral rich stream is sent to a sink screen, subsequently producing additional medium product.
1. The ore from the desliming screen is sent to cyclones, then spirals for separation based on particle size and density. Desliming screens provide final classification for both mineral and waste streams.
Need more info on our coal centrifuges? Send us an enquiry here today!
Your beneficiation partner
Multotec has an established, strategically-located distribution network, allowing us to provide high levels of service delivery, including full maintenance contracts on equipment.
Designed and refined in response to real field iron ore beneficiation challenges over our 40-year history, our iron ore beneficiation equipment achieves your goals at the lowest cost per ton.
As a technology-driven company, our iron ore beneficiation solutions are supported by a team of skilled engineers and metallurgists, with a wealth of process and application knowledge that we use to achieve gold beneficiation at the lowest cost per ton.
We’ve supplied iron ore beneficiation solutions to some of the world’s leading mining houses, as well as engineering companies and OEMS:
Kumba Sishen | Kumba Thabazimbi | Assmang Beeshoek | Assmang Khumani | Higheveld Steel and Vanadium | BHP Billiton | Rio Tinto | FMG | Vale
Tenova Bateman | Consulmet | DRA | Fluor | Hatch
Joest | MBE Minerals | Schenk | Vibramech | Osborn | Velmet
Multotec can design a beneficiation process tailored to your specific requirements! Contact us today.
In the News
World Conference Sampling and Blending 2019
The 9th World Conference of Sampling and Blending (WCSB9) was held from 6 – 9 May 2019 in Beijing, with a record attendance of 450 delegates!