Multolag™ Pulley Lagging
Multolag™ is a direct bond ceramic pulley lagging system for drive and non-drive pulleys developed by Multotec. It is a maintenance-free, wear-resistant cover applied to pulley shells.
This patented conveyor pulley system contributes to reduced downtime and lower operating costs by improving traction in drive pulleys and providing a polished low friction surface on non-drive pulleys.
- Ceramic pulley lagging does not wear
- Increased plant availability
- Surface consistency of ceramic lagging maintains belt tracking
- Localised damage can be repaired without replacing complete lagging
Drive and non-drive pulley lagging
There are 2 variations of these conveyor pulleys, MultoLag™ Drive and MultoLag™ Non-Drive.
- The non-drive version comprises work-polished smooth ceramic tiles designed to reduce friction and wear on the pulley and the conveyor belt.
- The drive pulley type is made of high-density ceramic tiles, with studs. This helps it maintain maximum traction in all conditions, including wet and muddy conditions.
Each of these systems in available 7 and 13 mm lagging thickness.
Multolag™ reduces friction and wear rates.
Drive and non-drive differences
There are specific design elements that play a role in Multotec’s Multolag™ pulley systems.
Multolag™ Drive Pulley lagging after more than 5 years in operation.
The high co-efficient of the studded tiles ensures there is no movement between the ceramic-lined drive pulley surface and the conveyor belt surface. They:
- Have dewatering grooves that dissipate water
- Can be hosed down without losing traction
- Have studs with rounded edges that prevent belt undercover wear
Multolag™ Non-Drive Pulley Lagging after more than 15 years' operation.
The smoothed polished surface, attained by very hard ceramics, provides minimal friction and less resistance, both of which significantly reduce wear.
Coefficient of friction graph for Drive Pulley Lagging
Multotec processing equipment is installed in 90 countries
In the News
Join our Dense Medium Separation (DMS) Customer Training Workshop
Multolag™ pulley lagging comprises ceramic drive and non-drive pulley lagging which does not wear, reducing downtime and costs.View Multolag™ Pulley Lagging Product Details
Loading points feature low friction impact bars with a focus on low maintenance and ease of installation.View Loading Points Product Details
Multotec uses only MATO belt cleaning products to increase your conveying uptime.View MATO Conveyor Belt Cleaners Product Details
MATO Conveyor Solutions supplies the full range of conveyor belt solutions. View the full range of products here!View MATO Conveyor Solutions Product Details
MATO Belt Clamps are used in some of Africa’s toughest mining applications to help maintenance teams safely prepare conveyor belts for splicing.View MATO Conveyor Belt Clamps Product Details
Cut any PVC, rubber or ply conveyor belt quickly and safely with MATO one- and two-way conveyor belt cutters. Click for more info!View MATO Conveyor Belt Cutters Product Details