Multolag™ Pulley Lagging
Multotec has developed MultoLag™, a direct bond ceramic pulley lagging system for drive and non-drive pulleys. It serves as a maintenance-free wear-resistant cover applied to pulley shells, which improves traction in the case of drive pulleys, and provides a polished low friction surface on non-drive pulleys.
Multolag™ pulley lagging from Multotec comprises MultoLag™ Drive Pulley Lagging and MultoLag™ Non-Drive Pulley Lagging. Non-Drive Pulley Lagging comprises work-polished smooth ceramic tiles which reduce friction, and therefore wear, on both the pulley and the conveyor belt. Drive Pulley Lagging is made of high-density ceramic tiles, with studs, which maintains maximum traction in all conditions, including wet and muddy conditions.
Multolag™ Pulley Lagging advantages
- Ceramic lagging does not wear
- Increased plant availability
- Reduced downtime and operating costs
- Surface consistency of ceramic lagging maintains belt tracking
- Localised damage can be repaired without the replacement of complete lagging
Both MultoLag™ Drive and MultoLag™ Non-Drive pulley lagging systems are available in 7 mm and 13 mm lagging thicknesses.
The high co-efficient of friction of the studded tiles on the drive pulleys ensures no movement between the ceramic-lined drive pulley surface and the conveyor belt surface, while the smooth/polished surface provided by the very hard ceramic on the non-drive pulleys provides minimal friction, less resistance and therefore significantly reduced wear.
Ceramic tiles are bonded directly to the steel surface using MultoLag™ high tensile flexible bonding system, which offers an installed shear strength of greater than 25 MPa.
Multolag™ Drive Pulley Lagging features
- Studs with rounded edges prevent belt undercover wear increasing uptime
- Dewatering grooves dissipate water and dirt enhancing processes
- Drive pulleys can be hosed down without losing traction, maintaining productivity
Reduce your conveyor belts’ wear and slippage with our Multolag™ pulley lagging system. Discover more on how this unique system from Multotec can increase safety and reduce costs in your belting operation. Our Wear Lining specialist, Mark Jarrett, explains here.