Ball Mill Linings
Ball mill linings from Multotec protect your mill from the abuses of mineral processing while allowing high grinding and crushing efficiency.
Our ball mill linings are designed from rubber or rubber composite materials according to your application and throughput requirements.
Our commitment to ongoing design improvements and high service offering has resulted in extended periods between shut downs and an improved grind efficiency.
Multotec ball mill liners are customised to your application using state-of-the-art software-driven designs. This means that your ball mill lining solution precisely fits into your application!
Multotec’s expert ball mill lining installation and fitment is based on over 40 years of experience. This results in increased production and reduced downtime.
Complete the enquiry form and we’ll contact you with the info you need.
Multotec ball mill lining features and benefits:
- Rubber or rubber composite variations – to suit any application!
- Increased throughput – blinding of grate plates is virtually eliminated
- Reduced weight compared to steel liners
- Less wear on bearings and reduced torque at start up
- Excellent sealing properties that eliminate gold lock-up
- Ball mill linings reduce noise levels for improved working conditions
Designed to suit your requirements
Our lining components are available in a wide range of designs, dimensions and profiles. In addition to the standard rubber components, we also supply MultoMet composite lifter bars, shell plates and head plates.
- The MultoMet range includes ‘Hardox 500’ wear-resistant steel that is fitted to the leading edge of the lifter bars and is embedded into the shell plates and head plates to improve its impact and abrasion resistance.
- The HD (Heavy Duty) MultoMet lifter bars includes castings into the lifter bars which allows the design to have the optimum H2A (Height-to-Angle) and to protect the top face of the lifters for maximum life.
Multotec installation teams supervise, assist and undertake complete ball mill lining installations. Contact a Multotec consultant by filling out the enquiry form.
Multotec Ball Mill lining components:
- Varying shell plate thickness to balance mill capacity and liner life
- MultoMet shell plates with Hardox strips are available for arduous applications or where the drilling pattern results in the shell plates being too wide and exposed to high wear
- Available in a range of widths, heights, and profiles
- ‘MultoMet’ composite lifter bars with ‘Hardox 500’ are steel fitted to the leading edge providing improved impact and abrasion resistance
- HD MultoMet composite lifter bars with casting inserts protect the leading edge and top face
- Custom-designed for each ball mill for ease of installation and handling
- Supplied as rubber unless specified
- MultoMet head plates with Hardox strips are available for arduous applications or where the drilling pattern results in the head plates being too wide and exposed to high wear
- Available in a range of aperture sizes and configurations
- Internal frames are designed for the different mill loads
- Semi-overflow designs can be made to control the pulp level in the mill
- Manufactured from a fabricated steel base, which is then rubber lined
- Multotec’s designs of pulp lifters ensure the correct volumetric flow of the pulp
- Designed to assist the discharge of the material to increase capacity
- Supplied in segments that are assembled inside the mill for easy handling
Trunnion & Bell Mouth Liners:
- Manufactured from a fabricated steel base, which is then rubber lined.
- Loose steel backed rubber liners are also used in larger trunnions.
Filling & Support Segments:
- Fit into the corners of the mills and scrubbers to provide a clean interface between the head and shell liners
- Multotec’s design locks the Head Plates and Grate Plates into position
Optimise charge trajectory and wear life with Multotec’s rubber Ball Mill linings
This is available to the global market, except for Australia, New Zealand and South East Asian markets.
In the News
Screen Worm Centrifuges Proves itself in Dewatering Crystalline Salts (April 2018)
Speak to a Multotec consultant today about how we can manufacture
a performance-enhancing process solution for you!