Realise the full separation efficiency potential from a wide range of cyclone distributors. Multotec’s cyclone distributors minimise wear and ensure even feed distribution. Its range of cyclone distributors are designed with maximum flexibility and have highly efficient separation capabilities, even in harsh operating conditions.
Fabricated from mild steel and lined internally, the distribution design minimises pressure losses resulting in higher energy transfers to the cyclones.
The compact design reduces floor area requirements leaving a smaller footprint while still allowing sufficient room for easy access and maintenance.
Features of our cyclone distributors:
- Design includes operator walkways
- Cost-effective solutions developed by skilled engineers with extensive application knowledge
- Long lasting materials of construction
- Custom designed to meet client area requirements
- Sampling points are incorporated
Multotec has all the resources and expertise at its disposal to customise cyclone equipment or a distributor solution according to your application requirements. Complete the enquiry form and contact us today for more information.
Pulp distributors and alternative cyclone distributor designs
Pulp Distributors Alternative Cyclone Distributor Designs
Our pulp distributors ensure an even distribution of flow and an equal split of solids, while minimising wear!
View pulp distributors details
Customised cyclone distributor designs to suit any application, output and space requirement
View alternative cyclone distributor designs details
View our technical resources to learn about our cyclone distributors. Learn More
Feed distribution and laundering
The feed distributor, overflow launder and underflow launder play important roles in cyclone distribution and offer the following advantages:
- Radial or in-line to ensure equal solids and liquid distribution to each cyclone for equal cyclone performance
- Top or bottom feed options available
- All internal surfaces lined with an abrasion resistant wear liner
- Supplied with pressure gauge or pressure transmitter to monitor cyclone operation
- Integrated sampling point
Orifice Type Gravity Slurry Feed Distributors
Slot Type Gravity Slurry Feed Distributors
Individual cyclone overflow discharge into a common launder:
- Launder outlet pipe is sized to allow the maximum flow rate to discharge under gravity
- Overflow launder can be fitted with splash covers
- Launder is rubber lined or ceramic tiled
- Integrated sampling point
Individual cyclone spigots discharge into a common underflow launder:
- Large diameter outlet pipe and correct angle of tank base ensure that the dense spigot can discharge under gravity.
- Removable splash covers minimise splashing spray whilst allowing quick access to spigots.
- Uniquely designed for floor level installation to allow visual inspection of the spigot discharge and easy spigot maintenance.
- Launder is rubber lined or ceramic tiled.
Multotec will customise a cyclone distributor solution according to your application requirements.
Additional information on our pulp distributors
Multotec pulp distributors are designed for all mineral, liquid and slurry distribution applications. To ensure an even distribution of flow and an equal split of solids, careful consideration is given to the design of the pulp distributor.
Our pulp distributors offer the following advantages:
- The outlet is designed to reduce vena contractor effect, reducing energy losses
- To maintain internal velocities, the total area of the outlets is equal to the area of the inlet
- To optimise the distributor design, computational fluid dynamics are used
- The outlets are symmetrical to the inlets
Leading the world in custom, application-specific mineral processing equipment.
Additional information on our alternative cyclone distributor designs
Walkway & Access Platforms
Multotec has a range of pre-arranged alternative cyclone distributor designs to suit any application, output and space requirement. Specialised walkways for easy access and maintenance, compact vertical configurations for small spaces and skid mounted configurations for applications that require maximum mobility are included in these designs.
The alternative cyclone distributor designs have advantageous features:
- Galvanised mounting brackets provide easy alignment. Galvanised splash covers included
- Diaphragm or knife gate valves (pneumatic or manual)
- They are trial assembled during the fabrication process to ensure alignment
- They have multiple inlets and outlets that can be designed into one unit
Multotec’s mineral processing solutions are used around the world!
Speak to a Multotec consultant today about how we can manufacture a performance-enhancing process solution for you.
This is available to the global market.
In the News
Multotec Celebrates Koketso Mokoena’s 10th Birthday at Little Eden
Speak to a Multotec consultant today about how we can manufacture
a performance-enhancing process solution for you!
Customised alternative cyclone distributor designs to suit any application, output and space requirement!View Alternative Cyclone Distributor Designs Product Details
Our pulp distributors ensure an even distribution of flow and an equal split of solids, while minimising wear!View Pulp Distributors Product Details