GV cyclones from Multotec have been engineered specifically for use in tailings dams. Each GV cyclone is designed for individual applications to ensure that the feed parameters are matched to cyclone capacity.
GV cyclone: ideal for tailings dams
We manufactured the GV cyclone to suit the harsh operating conditions at tailings dams. Our GV cyclone design innovations include:
- Cyclone weighs only 45 kg – so it can be easily moved
- Cyclone withstands pressure spikes during start-up
- Simple, fast and tool-free spigot changes
- Cost-effective operation
- Steel rubber-lined inlet head
- Fibreglass cone fitted with a 15 mm-thick replaceable liner
- New light-weight, quick-release screw spigot coupling
Multotec’s GV cyclone is currently available as a 220 mm ID cyclone with a 20° cone angle.
To ensure the correct volumetric split between overflow and underflow, the GV cyclone is available in different configurations to suit varying applications. Additionally, the spigot and the vortex finder are interchangeable, which enables fit-for-purpose installation.
Forming part of Multotec’s comprehensive range of cyclones within its array of mineral processing equipment, the low mass GV Cyclone is engineered to reduce the amount of maintenance normally required for equipment in tailings dam operations.
Click here to contact us today to find out more about Multotec's GV Cyclone
GV Cyclone advantages
- Various spigot & vortex finders provide optimum flexibility
- Interchangeable vortex finders and spigots enable fit-for-purpose installation
- Feed parameters match cyclone capacity, extending cyclone lifespan
- Lightweight construction (45 kg) means easy handle-ability
- Easy removal and replacement due to a 4-start spigot holder reduces downtime
Multotec has revolutionised cyclone design with its scrolled evolute inlet head designs. Click here to contact us today!
The GV Disposable Cyclone
Multotec has taken its GV cyclone offering a step further and engineered a tailored GV cyclone specifically for tailings dams. It is designed to be cost-effective over the lifespan of the installation and is called the GV disposable cyclone.
The GV disposable cyclone keeps the cost of individual components as low as possible, while maintaining sound operational performance and without affecting the structural integrity or quality of the cyclone. The ability to interchange the spigot and vortex finder enables its fit-for-purpose installation and optimal flexibility is made possible due to the different sizes of these two components.
GV Disposable Cyclone advantages
- Lightweight (only 45 kg) for easy maintenance
- Features four-way start-thread spigot-holder for easy removal and replacement
- Various application-specific installation options
- Steel and glass fibre shell with polyurethane rubber components
How GV Cyclones work
Different spigot and vortex finder sizes, which are selected based on material characteristics and tailings dam requirements, provide optimum flexibility. Altering the combination of the spigot and vortex finder makes it possible to meet specific operational parameters. As each cyclone is designed for individual applications, feed parameters are matched to cyclone capacity, ultimately optimising the cyclones lifespan.
This range of cyclones comprises a steel and glass fibre shell, as well as polyurethane and rubber components. GV cyclones can be individually wall-mounted or with custom-built skid-mounted installations.
For specific applications, Multotec collaborates with its customer to find a unique, appropriate solutions. Click here to contact us today!
Multotec manufactures and distributes a vast range of mineral processing equipment, which includes flotation wear components, magnetic separators, gravity concentration, cyclones and industrial slurry pumps.
Achieve your business goals with Multotec!
At Multotec, we provide more than processing equipment, but constantly strive to assist you in achieving your overall business goals. This is why when you partner with Multotec, you don’t just get a diversified product offering, but form a relationship based on product refinement, a true understanding of process flow sheets and field service and maintenance.