Primary Dry Sampling
Multotec has been manufacturing and supplying dry sampling equipment under license to Siebtechnik GmbH since 1987.
As a now recognised global leader in providing correct and lasting sampling solutions, more than 700 Multotec primary sampler installations have been supplied in the last decade into the majority of international mineral markets and industries (e.g. gold, coal, iron ore, manganese, chrome, aluminium, ferroalloys, lime, heavy mineral sands, platinum, copper, zinc and other industrial minerals).
Find out about our tailored solutions. Complete the enquiry form today.
Our dry sampling range of equipment consists of:
- Belt-end, chute and screen-end primary cross-cut samplers for discharge chute applications
- Cross-belt hammer samplers designed to suit conveyor belt widths from 450 mm to 2 500 mm, travelling at up to 6 m/s
- Secondary rotating plate dividers to suit various top sizes of material and with variable division ratios possible
- Vezin dividers to suit lower material feed rates, but with widely adjustable division ratios and replicate sampling possible
- Variable ratio dividers for fixed secondary sample size requirements
- Impact, rolls or jaw crushers and hammer mills for material size reduction can be provided
- 3CR12, 316 or 304 stainless steel, HDPE and VRN-lined mild steel sample chute work and sample collectors or indexers with containers
- Sample feed and/or rejects handling systems, e.g. bucket elevators, skip hoists, tube chain conveyors or mini enclosed bi-directional conveyors for trickle feed material
- Complete sample station equipment for run-of-mine (ROM) or product materials in all mining and mineral industries and applications
Various ISO, ASTM, AS and other internationally recognised sampling standards stipulate that:
- Sampling cuts are evenly distributed on a timed or mass basis over the material consignment or throughput period to be sampled or on a random stratified frequency
- Prescribed sample increment mass sizes and numbers shall be collected per consignment size relating to an associated level of precision
- There is to be a minimum of disturbance to the material stream when taking the necessary full cross-cut and avoid delineation extraction and weighting errors
- Sampling equipment is designed to avoid contamination or loss of the final sample by minimising preparation errors so as to avoid sample bias
This is available in Sub-Saharan Africa, Australia and South American (Brazil, Chile and Peru) markets.
In the News
Multotec Botswana invests in education SED to uplift community primary schools (December 2017)
Versatile designs include bottom dump or continuous discharge modes with various cutter travel permutations with our Belt End Cross Cut samplerView Belt End Cross Cut Sampler Product Details
Hammer cross belt samplers provide reliable cross belt samples of your conveyed particulate material streams, particularly coal.View Hammer Cross Belt Sampler Product Details
True-Belt® samplers from Multotec increase cross-belt sample integrity and reduces material spillage.View True-Belt® Sampler Product Details
Swing arm samplers provide reliable, rotary cross cut mineral samples from conveyor belt bulk material trajectories where loadings are high, such as coal or iron ore export ports.View Swing Arm Sampler Product Details
Chute Cross Cut Samplers offer neat flange to flange correct sampling solutions in vertical gravity flow streams.View Chute Cross Cut Sampler Product Details
Achieve accurate, representative dry samples for a wide range of minerals, incl. coal, iron ore, precious metals, base metals, heavy minerals, valuable dust and more. 50–600 NB inlet diameter.View Dry Vezin Sampler Product Details
Partner with Multotec today to achieve your mineral processing goals
We provide piece of mind with real-time supply, installation and asset management and flow sheet solutions with emphasis on plant availability, and service support to mines, project houses and a growing OEM client base.