Wedge Wire Screens
Wedge wire screen panels from Multotec are custom-manufactured to suit specific screens, machines and applications. Making use of a wide range of apertures and profiles on the various wedge wire screen sizes, these screens are specifically designed to reduce pegging in difficult applications.
- Grade 430 stainless steel construction for abrasive applications
- Grades 304 and 316 stainless steel construction for corrosive applications.
- Screen longevity unaffected by the processing coarse and acidic minerals
- Withstands most corrosive and abrasive applications on the market.
- High grade stainless steel wedge wire screen filters are available.
Complete the enquiry form for comprehensive information on our offering.
The ideal screen for corrosive and abrasive applications
Wedge Wire Screen advantages
As wedge wire screen manufacturers, managing the entire screen lifecycle from design and installation to monitoring of equipment is a service offered by Multotec. This is conducted remotely from their premises to help deliver optimum screening equipment performance.
These tailored screens also provide the following advantages:
- Machine spot-welded for high strength throughout
- High abrasion and corrosion resistance
- Precise sizing is maintained
- Maximised open area drainage
- High release angles
To ensure our customers benefit from these advantages, mineral processing screens are manufactured and quality tested in-house at Multotec’s 43 000 m2 facility in Johannesburg. Where possible, equipment is manufactured and tested in the country of order.
- Abrasive applications: Screen panels used in abrasive applications are manufactured from Grade 430 stainless steel. This is ferritic steel with no nickel creating high abrasion resistance and good weldability.
Hard chroming of surfaces for extremely abrasive applications is also offered by Multotec
- Corrosive applications:For corrosive applications, the screen panels are constructed from Grade 304 stainless steel. This steel is made up of 18% chromium and 8% nickel making it durable and long-lasting.
Grade 316 stainless steel for highly corrosive applications is provided on request.
Multotec’s wedge wire screens are available in a wide range of apertures and profiles – providing the highest wear resistance available according to specific application requirements. Multotec’s unique manufacturing capability enables them to customise screen panels to suit both wedge wire screen machines and applications.
The profiles of the longitudinal wires determines the shape and size of the downward opening slot and affects the extent to which slots remain open, and the combination of materials used in the construction of Multotec’s wedge wire screens makes them ideal for all high abrasion and corrosion mineral processing equipment requirements.
This is available to the South American and African markets.
In the News
New Agent in Turkey to Boost Multotec Presence
High-strength, stainless steel Optima wedge wire CIP/CIL screens for improved wear resistance in coarse mineral processing applications.View Optima Wedge Wire CIP/CIL Screens Product Details
Optima wedge wire flat drainage panels for high abrasion and corrosion resistance in vibrating screen applications.
View Optima Wedge Wire Flat Drainage Panels Product Details