Clean-iX® for Uranium
Clean-iX® for uranium from Multotec can be used for in-situ leaching (ISL), heap leach, conventional leach and hyper-saline conditions.
When used in ISL, Clean-iX® for uranium is ideal for low-grade in-situ recovery (ISR) – as ion exchange can provide significant upgrades, especially when the unique ‘concentration-desorption’ properties of the U-column is used to produce a high-purity eluate. This reduces the size of downstream processing, impacting both capital and operating costs.
When using Clean-iX® for heap leaching, the need for leach solution clarification is reduced, and only the use of primary and intermediate leach ponds is required. For conventional leaching, Clean-iX® provides potential for direct precipitation, and does not need additional concentration using solvent extraction.
The patented Clean-iX® process U-HiSAL™ is ideal for hyper saline conditions as it can recover uranium in saline and hypersaline water cost-effectively.
Clean-iX® for Uranium value propositions:
- Both acid and alkaline leach reagents can be used, with Clean-iX® flow sheets for each
- Reduction in the size of downstream processing units. Reduced capital and operating costs
- High purity product produced, which means direct precipitation of the eluate is possible
- Cost-effective uranium recovery in hypersaline water
- Eliminates the need for upfront clarification of the leach solution
Speak to a Multotec consultant and discover how Clean-iX® for Uranium recovery reduces capital and operating expenditure, saving you money.
Multotec’s Clean-iX® technology selectively recovers valuable metals and produces a concentrated high purity product, reducing the size of downstream processing.
In the News
Multotec Celebrates Koketso Mokoena’s 10th Birthday at Little Eden