Solid/liquid separation solutions from Multotec enable optimal dewatering and metals recovery in the international chemicals and mineral processing markets.
Our tailored solid/liquid technologies and processes facilitate optimum mineral reclamation and solids dewatering to low final moistures with fast cycle times.
As a world-leading dewatering solutions manufacturer and global solid/liquid separation specialist, Multotec’s extensive range of industrial filter presses, centrifuges, polishing filter solutions and water treatment processes:
- increase the separation rate and overall process efficiency
- are energy-efficient and minimise waste
- reduce capital and operating costs
- increase environmental compliance, and
- prolong apparatus life and improve safety with Lower drive pressures
45 years’ experience in mineral processing across 6 continents.
Our solid/liquid separation solutions:
Through our global network of branches across almost 70 countries, Multotec supplied turnkey solid/liquid separation solutions with unmtched speed to market and end-to-end aftersales service.
Leading the world in custom, application-specific solid/liquid separation.
Why use Multotec?
With more than 45 years’ experience in the mineral processing industry, Multotec manufactures world-leading dewatering solutions with high quality materials of construction that help produce a low moisture content product. Its team of skilled engineers includes experts in process flow sheets who have the expertise to supply solid/liquid separation solutions tailored to lower your overall cost per ton.
- Turnkey solid/liquid separation solutions include the design, manufacture, supply, installation and maintenance of equipment and processes.
- Equipment comprises fully-automated filling, pressing, material discharge and self-cleaning functions.
View our industry flow sheets for:
Seprotech solid/liquid separation products and services
As a market-leading solid/liquid separation specialist and mineral processing equipment company, Multotec’s solutions are supplied by Seprotech, a member of the Multotec Group. Multotec offers customers a complete solution for all solid/liquid separation applications and requirements.
This range of solid/liquid separation products includes Siebtechnik centrifuges, Ishigaki filters and Ishigaki Rapid Polishing Filters, all supported by local experienced and competent engineers with extensive application specific knowledge. A valuable addition to the Seprotech range is the locally-developed and manufactured rapid filter press.
The role of CIF® for process water treatment
Multotec has a partnership with Clean TeQ, an Australian company, through which it has introduced continuous counter-current ion exchange technology into the African market for solid/liquid separation, process water treatment and metals recovery. Continuous Ionic Filtration (CIF®) can achieve water recoveries of up to 95% and higher in various applications such as mining, industrial process and municipal water treatment.
Features of CIF® when used for solid/liquid separation
- Modular and mobile
- High solids handling capabilities
- Achieve zero liquid discharge
- Robust, with the ability to operate in high scaling and fouling conditions
- Optimised resin inventory
Benefits of CIF® in your solid/liquid separation operation
- High water recovery
- Reduced brine production
- Reduced chemical consumption
- Reduced maintenanced
- Smaller plant footprint
- Lower capital and operating costs
The role of Clean-iX® in solid/liquid separation
Clean-iX® for solid/liquid separation is built on the foundations of continuous ion exchange technology. The Clean-iX for metals recovery process uses the principles of continuous counter-current ion exchange, providing you with highly-efficient and cost-effective extraction, concentration and solid/liquid separation processes.
Clean-iX® is tailored for recovering, among others, gold, uranium, rare earths and base metals and makes use of Continuous Resin-In-Column (cLX) for extraction from clarified leach solutions; Continuous Resin-In-Pulp (cRIP) for extraction from leached pulp; Continuous.
Multotec’s solid/liquid separation solutions are used around the world!
Filter press machines
Multotec’s filter press machines are able to reduce processing times by up to 10 minutes, using only 8% of the drive-force demands of conventional hydraulic presses. Designed for chemical and mineral processing, as well as solutions for coal or water treatment plants these press machines:
- All filter press machines are manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards
- Comprehensive filter press machine spec design and after-sales field service
- Filter press machines come standard with environmental compliance
- Self-washing press filter reduce downtime and manual intervention
- Lower drive pressures prolong apparatus life and improve safety
Vacuum membrane press
Part of Multotec’s Micronics press filter range, vacuum membrane press from Multotec incorporate the VP vacuum pulse drying filter press. This unique press produces filter cakes with greater solids content than a typical vacuum membrane press filter. It achieves the correct levels of moisture more quickly and is very effective for drying filter cake economically. These presses for solid/liquid separation provide optimum cake discharge and dewatered cake. They:
- are custom-designed for difficult applications
- enable sustained operating ability with low operating costs
- provide efficient and economical dewatering with trouble-free operation
- Are available as manual, semi-automatic and fully-automatic machines
- fully-integrated system designs and installation
Sludge filter press
Multotec’s sludge filter press systems are an efficient sludge separator that reduces waste while effectively reclaiming discharged minerals. This dewatering equipment effectively and efficiently isolate solids and liquids in fully-automated, energy efficient press-separation cycles.
Manufactured according to ISO 9001 standards, this sludge dewatering equipment have robust designs and enable equipment longevity. The reduced drive pressures prolong apparatus life and improve safety in sludge dewatering applications. They:
- provide fast, automated sludge separation
- require lower capital and have low operating costs
- increase environmental compliance
- have a self-washing press filter that reduces downtime and manual intervention
Filter press accessories
A range of filter press accessories to extend the versatility of your filter press system is available from Multotec. The range ensures you achieve higher levels of performance in a wider range of mineral processing applications:
A range of lightweight to heavy-duty filter cloths that optimise your filter press operations in the cloth washing system form part of Multotec’s range of filter press parts and accessories.
Either woven or felted according to your requirements, they are available in a full range of synthetic and natural fibres. Multotec’s solid and liquid separation experts aid with filter cloth selection.
Filter cloths for solid/liquid separation from Multotec are:
- strong, durable high performing cloths
- custom-designed for your exact application
- available in satin, twill, plain, special and duplex weave patterns
- lightweight to heavy woven fabrics
- Standard stock plates and special custom designs
- Full range of filter plates including recessed plates, membrane plates, vacuum membrane, and plate frame
- Filter plates available in polypropylene, kynar, stainless steel or aluminium materials
Leading design innovations for reliable, efficient solid/liquid separation.
Optimised separation industrial centrifugal decanters
Multotec’s industrial centrifugal decanters enable fast and accurate centrifugation in mineral processing. They operate on the counter-flow principle. Suspension is introduced to the centre of the bowl for separation. Sediment is then conveyed via the scroll, which continuously rotates at an altered speed to that of the bowl, resulting in clarified liquid flowing from the bowl’s large diameter opening.
The range includes the TS Industrial Decanter Centrifuge, DZ Industrial Decanter Centrifuge and DZS Screen Decanter Centrifuge. All of these centrifuges:
- reduce thermal drying and other processing costs
- increase separation efficiency for particles of all sizes
- have a compact design that facilitates use in small operating areas
- reduce waste with optimised separation
Multotec supports your requirements for customised solid/liquid separation equipment.
This is available to the global market.
Join our Milling & Classification Customer Training Workshop
Join our Customer Training Workshops on Milling and Classification this Wednesday 28 August 2019. READ MORE
SOLUTION FOCUS GROWS MULTOTEC FOOTPRINT IN WEST AFRICA
As West Africa’s mining sector continues to grow, Multotec is steadily increasing its base of solutions in the field. READ MORE
Multotec Opens Library At Township Primary School In Middelburg
Multotec’s social responsibility results in new library for Manyano Primary School in Middelburg. READ MORE
Speak to a Multotec consultant today about how we can manufacture
a performance-enhancing process solution for you!
Multotec mini filter presses are tailored for industrial wastewater treatment, having been designed as a small scale or pilot filter press to meet demand.View Mini Filter Press Product Details
Ishigaki filter presses are designed for high capacity, energy efficient filtration. This is achieved through an optimised design that allows for automatic simultaneous opening and closing of the press plates. This filter press also has an automatic cloth washing cycle.View Ishigaki Filter Press Product Details
Isolate solids and liquids in fully automated, energy efficient press-separation cycles with Seprotech rapid filter press. These filter presses provide for fast, automated sludge separation and reduced downtime with their self-washing filters.View Seprotech Rapid Filter Press Product Details
Micronics filter press for high to medium capacity filtration provides fast, reliable solid/liquid separation with minimal downtime. These filter press provide for efficient and economical dewatering and are available as manual, semi-automatic and fully automatic.View Micronics Filter Press Product Details
Our filter press accessories include filter cloths and plates that extend the versatility of your press system. Your filter press accessories are customisable, ensuring they meet your application requirements in order to reduce energy consumption and improve efficiency.View Filter Press Accessories Product Details
Partner with Multotec today to achieve your mineral processing goals
We provide peace of mind with real-time supply, installation and asset management and flow sheet solutions with emphasis on plant availability, and service support to mines, project houses and a growing OEM client base.