Twin Cone Decanters
Multotec supplies the Twin Cone decanter from Siebtechnik for all dewatering applications.
The Twin Cone decanter meets all the requirements for optimal dehydration in mechanical dewatering of fine-grained, non-compressible materials.
With the Twin Cone decanter, clarification and drying is conducted in two separately designed and differently proportioned bowl units – allowing you to achieve optimal solid/liquid separation efficiency.
Need more info on our Twin Cone decanter? Send us an enquiry here today!
Features of the Twin Cone decanter:
- Separate bowls result in optimum adjustments of the sump levels for clarification and drying
- No negative compromises between clarification and drying zones
- The second cone provides a larger volume and lower scroll flight loading between the flights
- Optimum removal of residual liquids from the thickened cake in the second, high G force and high volume drying cone
Optimise your separation efficiency with Multotec’s Twin Cone decanters.Send us an enquiry here today!
The advantages of separating drying and clarification in separation cones:
How it works: The solids are thickened into a cake in the first cone, then loosened and opened by passing over into the second cone for further dewatering.
The 10 major advantages:
- Clarification and drying in two separately designed and differently proportioned bowl units
- Separate, optimum adjustment of the sump levels for clarification and drying
- Solids loading between the scroll flights allows for the liquid to escape, eliminating the “pull up” of liquid by an advanced scroll design. This allows the use of the proven heavy-duty gear drive for the differential speed between the bowl and scroll
- The solids are thickened into a cake in the first cone, then loosened and opened by passing over into the second cone for further dewatering
- At high solids capacities, the second drying cone provides a larger volume and lower loading between the scroll flights
- No liquid carry-over from the bowl into the solids discharge area during slow down/shut down
- Optimum removal of residual liquids from the thickened solids cake in the second, higher G force and high volume drying cone
- The separation of the large liquid loading is achieved in the first smaller bowl. As the diameter is proportional to the square of the required power at a specific acceleration, this results in lower power to drive and significant energy savings
- Optional washing of the solids is possible in the separate second "drying" cone, with separate discharge of the wash liquid from the original liquid
- No negative compromise between the clarification and drying
This is available to African market only.
In the News
Multotec Celebrates Koketso Mokoena’s 10th Birthday at Little Eden
Speak to a Multotec consultant today about how we can manufacture
a performance-enhancing process solution for you!