Mill and Scrubber Linings
Multotec mill and scrubber linings are specially designed to increase efficiency, reduce downtime and lower the overall costs of your milling plant.
With a complete range of mill liner components, from lifter bars and shell plates to centre cones and trunnion liners, we use a range of engineering tools including MillTraj modelling software, Inventor 3D and AutoCAD to develop customised mill and scrubber liners to your requirements.
As your specialist in rubber wear linings, Multotec offers full plant audits, installation and maintenance and condition monitoring services for your grinding mill liners.
- Reduced weight means less wear on bearings; reduced torque requirement at start up; and improved installation safety
- Excellent sealing properties eliminates particle lock-up
- Throughput is increased as blinding of grate plates is virtually eliminated
- Reduced noise levels improves working conditions
- Real-time MultoScan condition monitoring accurately predicts liner life to maintain constant efficiency
- Milling circuit audits and analysis are available to optimise your production
Discover more. Click here to complete an enquiry form and one of our specialists will contact you.
Our Mill & Scrubber Components
Multotec is your turnkey specialist in rubber mill linings for Scrubber, Ball, SAG and AG Mills.
Rubber developed for your requirements
Multotec’s rubber mill and scrubber linings are designed by combining the results of computer simulations and inspection data in order to optimise charge trajectory and wear life. Multotec can provide the correct rubber formulation and attachment systems such as stainless steel T-tracks to suit highly acidic, high pH and even diesel operating environments.
Mill/Scrubber Linings versus Steel:
- Longer life due to less wear results in substantial cost savings.
- Lower product weight reduces downtime during installation and replacement, improving production while eliminating the need for a liner handler.
- Resilient material enables easy and safe installation as well as trouble free handling which reduces risk of injuries.
- Excellent sealing properties that reduce the risk of flushing behind lining and minimise gold lock up.
- Reduced blinding of Grate Plates resulting in increased throughput.
Our lining components are available in a wide range of designs, dimensions and profiles. In addition to the standard rubber components, we also supply MultoMet composite lifter bars, shell plates and head plates.
Multotec installation teams supervise, assist and undertake complete lining installations. Stock control assistance and condition monitoring are also provided.
Mill Trajectory Modelling
Multotec utilises MillTraj software to analyse wear requirements to ensure customised mill liner profile designs that consistently deliver an optimum trajectory of material in your milling plant.
This specialised trajectory modelling measures the variable speed to demonstrate the impact of mill speed. The display features all representative wear resistant liners and mill charge with a clear Perspex screen on either side in order to assess the trajectory pattern of mill charge during operation.
Our mill trajectory modelling
- Informs selection of lifter angles and heights related to: mill application, mill size, mill speed, filling and ball size
- Assesses current comminution circuit parameters
- Monitors the condition of comminution and other equipment
- Indicates design improvements
- Is simple to use, with known mill parameters
Mill Liner Design
Multotec uses computer simulation to provide optimum liner configuration that extends liner life and increases mill productivity.
Track liner wear in real time with Multoscan
Achieving the desired grind efficiency in mills is a critical focus for mines seeking to optimise the operating costs of their mineral processing operations.
As gradual wear on the mill liner profile affects the material trajectory inside the mill, resulting in decreased impact grinding or attrition grinding efficiency, operators need to ensure an optimum wear mill liner profile is constantly maintained.
Introducing MultoScan: the most affordable mill liner profile condition monitoring system. Where traditional mill liner monitoring and inspection is unreliable and time-consuming, MultoScan accurately tracks your milling plant’s liner wear in real time and notifies you when it begins to reduce efficiency.
Multotec meets your needs for turnkey mill and scrubber liner solutions
Multotec is your turnkey mill and scrubber liner provider:
- Multotec’s extensive plant monitoring system for wear and liner life analysis is web-based for quick and easy access
- Simple item display and mine stock codes enable easy planning and ordering
- Indication when design changes and inspections are required reduces unplanned stoppages and downtime
- Accurate data capturing and cross referencing
- High accuracy and immediate availability of information filling and ball size
- Hawkeye™ is a web-based system to capture and record wear and life data for Mill Liners
- Highly qualified technical staff available to measure Mills/Scrubbers on site
- In-house process knowledge to analyse the Milling Circuit and optimise your production capabilities
- Technical and back-up services, including Mill or Scrubber Liner inspections
Optimise your comminution with an end-to-end mill audit
A milling plant and process audit provides the framework for achieving optimum efficiency in your grinding and crushing application.
Utilising computer simulations such as MillTraj software to optimise liner design and MultoScan and Hawkeye™ to execute condition monitoring, Multotec will help you achieve an optimum mill trajectory, improve equipment service life and tailor a service programme designed to lower your cost per ton.
- Assess current comminution circuit parameters
- Monitor the condition of comminution and other equipment
- Indicate design improvements with specialised MillTraj software
Michael (Spike) Taylor has been working at Multotec since 1985, and has been Managing Director of Multotec Rubber since 2009. Specialising in extractive metallurgy, and having formerly worked for some of Africa’s biggest mines, Michael oversees product and business development of our mill and scrubber lining range.
Multotec Mill & Scrubber Liners improve the service of your milling plant and help reduce downtime.
Multotec scrubber liners are ideal for hard minerals such as diamonds, and for treatment of laterite and other high clay ores.View Scrubber Liners Product Details
The Multotec range of ball mill linings provides an optimum wear lining solution for the toughest ball milling applications.View Ball Mill Linings Product Details
Multotec SAG mill liners use specialised software and rubber composite components to provide superior impact and wear resistance.View SAG Mill Liners Product Details
Suitable for all AG mill applications, our rubber and rubber composite liners reduce downtime through excellent impact resistance.View AG Mill Liners Product Details
Partner with Multotec today to achieve your mineral processing goals
We provide peace of mind with real-time supply, installation and asset management and flow sheet solutions with emphasis on plant availability, and service support to mines, project houses and a growing OEM client base.