Multotec hydrocyclones are used across the world for applications in mineral processing, manufacturing, food processing, and other industries.
Our hydrocyclones are an industry-proven product range that’s been optimised over hundreds of applications across the world to improve classification efficiency, provide greater lifespan and reduce energy requirements.
Multotec manufactures a complete range of off-the-shelf and customised cyclones in order to match your specific process requirements. Full technical support and field service, together with high availability of cyclone spare parts and accessories helps ensure maximum plant performance.
Multotec hydrocyclone features:
- Classification Cyclones
- Dense Medium Cyclones
- GV Cyclones (for tailings dam applications)
- Multotec Tornado 660
- Cyclone Distributors
- Cyclone Accessories
- Cyclone Spares
Get in touch with Multotec today to see how we can optimise your cyclone plant.
The Multotec hydrocyclone range comprises cyclone diameters from 25 to 1 400 mm. Most of these diameters can accommodate a range of cone angles, while different vortex finders and spigot diameters are standard for all diameters.
The small diameter cyclones, up to 100 mm, are predominately polyurethane, while the larger diameter units can be supplied in polyurethane, steel cyclones with bonded or loose rubber lining, and steel with ceramic lining.
Multotec hydrocyclone features:
- Scrolled evolute design proven to achieve higher capacities and reduced wear rates than regular hydrocyclone inlets
- Customised cyclone designs according to your unique specifications
- Designed for fine and accurate cut-points
- Innovative designs reduce misplacement of product; rubber lips prevent spillage
- Abrasion and heat resistant materials reduce wear
- Innovative weep holes reduce downtime
Multotec hydrocyclone features:
Scrolled evolute design:
- Multotec has proven that the scrolled evolute and ribbon inlet cyclone designs have a much higher capacity when compared to standard inlet designs. The result is that vortex finder wear is substantially reduced, thereby lowering operating costs while maximising hydrocyclone separation efficiency.
The benefits of weep holes in the cyclone:
- If the hydrocyclone liner becomes damaged, the material which finds its way between the liner and the cyclone shell will begin to ‘weep’ from these holes, indicating that the liner needs to be replaced. This drastically reduces unplanned stoppages and will extend the life of the hydrocyclone’s steel shells.
- Weep holes also reduce the frequency of internal hydrocyclone inspection. This is because cyclones without weep holes require regular inspection to assess the integrity of the liner itself.
Speak to Multotec’s cyclone division about your processing application. Get in touch here
Sized to your process requirements
Cyclones are selected and sized by Multotec’s experienced process team using our specialised CY-i cyclone sizing software to achieve optimum centrifugal forces and cut points to best suit your precise requirements. For specialised applications Multotec can custom design and manufacture a cyclone to meet your application.
International mining houses such as Xstrata, Anglo Coal, BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto use Multotec’s equipment to reduce running costs and optimise plant performance.
Maintaining optimum cyclone performance with tailored cyclone service & support
Hydrocyclones need to be correctly maintained to ensure they operate at peak separation efficiency. Your local Multotec branch has the necessary expertise to help ensure your cyclone reliably delivers your required cut points and process parameters, with short lead times on any hydrocylone spare parts you may need.
Maintenance should preferably be done on every maintenance shutdown in order to allow for internal inspection. Your local Multotec service crew will provide end-to-end cyclone inspections and servicing, which includes:
- monitoring the internal condition to determine if there are any abnormal wear patterns forming, or if any tiles, if it is a ceramic cyclone, have been damaged
- measuring the spigot diameter since the cyclone efficiency can become affected as the spigot diameter increases
- looking at the vortex finder leading edge, which means looking from the spigot side into the vortex finder, to determine if the condition is still good. In the event that it is not possible to inspect from the spigot side, the vortex finder length can be measured from the top of the cyclone after the overflow pipe has been removed
- measuring the vortex finder length and spigot diameter
- checking for excessive grooves in the cyclone body or vortex finder
- checking for feed inlet and cone wear, uneven surfaces, and steps
Maintaining optimum cyclone pressure
With the Multotec pressure gauge installed on your cyclones, plant operators will be quickly notified if there is any surging in the hydrocyclone feed. The reading on the pressure gauge will allow for an accurate calculation of the volumetric flow rate to the hydrocyclone which will make it possible to calculate the mass flow rate.
Lower cyclone pressure results in inefficiencies while high pressure increases the centrifugal force beyond its design specifications, which increases cyclone wear rate. Ensuring your cyclone operates in the optimum pressure range helps reduce costly potential downtime, and improves downstream processing performance.
Speak to a Multotec consultant today about a hydrocyclone optimised for your application!
Multotec Builds High Recovery Water Treatment Plant in Middle East (Nov 2018)
After extensive test work and design, mineral processing specialist Multotec Group is commissioning a full‑scale DeSALx® plant to treat waste water from a flue gas desulphurisation scrubber, at a minerals processing plant in Oman in the Middle East. READ MORE
Proven Innovative Scrolled Design On Centrifuge (Nov 2018)
Known for its robust construction, the Siebtechnik Conturbex Screen Scroll Centrifuge offers ease of operation due to its ability to absorb process variations. It’s scrolled or wormed design is well proven in solid liquid separation applications, across a broad spectrum of industries. READ MORE
Innovative Crane Makes Cyclone Maintenance Easy and Safe (Nov 2108)
The innovative jib crane can be mounted and retrofitted to on top of any cyclone cluster. Ever aware of the handling complexities during cyclone maintenance, Multotec Process Equipment has developed an innovative jib crane installation which can be mounted on top of the cyclone cluster dis... READ MORE